Gehmann 595MC Lockable Rear Sight
All rearsights suffer from backlash on their threads with use and over time which arose originally due to factory engineering. This allows movement of the moving surfaces carrying the iris thread hole and gives rise to its positional movement which directly affects accuracy at each shot - this is made worse by micrometrical movements induced by the action of the rifle which increases this effect, producing erratic and unwanted scores, this is known as 'Backlash'. The new 598 and 598S have an innovative new adjustment spindle with internal pressure springs which make for high precision sight adjustment and makes the sight completely 'Backlash' free.
- Made from the best possible materials (alloy and stainless steel) which guarantees ultra light weight and extended durability
- Internal parts are covered in a special anti-friction coating with the use of Molybdenum Disulfide and Teflon
- Precision machined from solid aluminium with minimal tolerances on state of the art CNC machines replacing less efficient pressure casting
- Attractively anodised in a top quality anti-reflective matt silver finish for prolonged weather protection
- Front and rear threads allow use of an iris on the rear and an anti-glare tube on the front
- Precision adjustment gives 1.5mm bullet shift per click at 50m
- Individually numbered
- Adjustment: Height: 11mm Side: 10mm
Our new patent brought the unique feature of making the sight lockable, so once set it stays that way. This remains throughout the full range of elevation and windage adjustments. Utilising larger stainless steel rods between the moving surfaces and 25% larger base-rail clamps for increased grip. Once elevation and windage are adjusted and the lever is rotated until the sight body is locked your settings are permanently in place. Produced in the same way as the 598 'Precision' diopter so you can trust that it is built to last.
- Finished in a very attractive, blue anti-reflection, weatherproof coating